20,000 Christians Were Killed.
Islands of Maluku
A scattered group of Islands numbering over 1,000 over Indonesians eastern seas.
Originally known as the spice islands, producing nutmeg, mace and cloves. These are the islands Columbus was looking for.
Religion: 70% Muslim, 29.5 “Christian” (Protestant 27.5%, Catholic 3%, Hindu & Buddhist 1%).
113 Indigenous peoples in the islands.
Only 4 have the New Testament in their language.
109 Languages without the Word of God.
- Between 1999 and 2002 terrible violence and ethnic cleansing scarred these islands and changed them forever.
- The violence was religiously motivated. Islamist Jihad fighters were recruited, armed and sent from across Indonesia to wipe out Christianity from the islands.
- 20,000 Christians were killed and 500,000 were displaced. 400 churches were destroyed.
- On some islands the government has tried segregation – making some villages Christians and others Muslims. This experiment displaced both Christians and Muslims from their original homes.
- The Maluku Protestant Church was founded in 1605 – Asia’s oldest denomination.
- They have lost everything except the name as Christian. No Salvation – No Testimony – No Truth – NOTHING.
Religion Without Salvation
Such are a “stumbling block” keeping others from coming to salvation. They are a shame and reproach to New Testament Christianity.
PRAYER POINTS MALUKU
- Pray For Real Salvation To Be Known By The People. James 1:22. “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”
- Pray For A Man For The Malukus. Romans 10:14. “How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?”
- Pray For The Persecuted Christians. Hebrews 13:3. “Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.”